Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

European Junior Tour returns to Inverness

I'm heading for Inverness this weekend for the second event of the European Junior Curling Tour. I haven't seen the draw yet, but the Curling Champions Tour site suggests that there will be twelve junior men's and twelve junior women's teams at the event.

The two Swiss junior women's teams that currently lead the Tour after the first event in Oslo, Team Siegrist and Team Dünki, are both apparently in the draw for Inverness. However, Oskar Eriksson's Swedish side, current leaders on the junior men's tour and winners of the Highland Junior International last season, will not compete this weekend. Colin Dick is the best placed of the Scottish teams, currently ranked 3rd.

The final Tour event will be in Thun, Switzerland, November 27-29.

The Inverness Ice Centre has a new website (see here) and the results may well be there. With any luck I'll have a few photos from Inverness come Saturday. (Added later: Results are here)

Colin Dick

There's so much else happening in the wider curling world this month. The Pacific Curling Championships are on in Karuizawa, Japan. All the details are here.

I'm also keeping my eyes on the Canadian Olympic Pre-trials event in Prince George. Intriguing! I find the results here in the pulldown 'scores and stats' menu on this page. And there is a wonderful collection of Michael Burns' photos from the event in a photo gallery here.

I trust you are in the habit, as I am, of checking out Kay Adams' summary of what's happening in the Weekend Preview she posts on the Royal Club website here, and a Weekend Review that follows on Monday. She will no doubt be flagging up the RCCC Province Championships at Greenacres this weekend, and also that Team Murdoch's GB side and other Scottish men's teams are competing in the Curling Champions Tour event in Lucerne.

If I have time to relax this weekend, I'm looking forward to reading the first issue of SWEEP d-Mag, which is available free of charge here. That's our own Eve Muirhead on the cover. I've mentioned already here of the publication's move to an online format, and I want to see how easy it is to read. The subscription is a modest $11.95, but the first three issues this season are free for everyone to view.