Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Last post from Aberdeen

Before I head down the road after a most enjoyable couple of days in Aberdeen, I wanted to note that the excitement is building here for the Le Gruyere European Curling Championships which begin at the end of next week. Lots more about this to come shortly! Above is two of the Local Organising Committee, Rhona Thom (in charge of accreditation) and George Esson (the chairman of the committee). They are hoping that you will come and see some of the play, and support some of the best curlers in the world!

It was good to meet up with an old friend, David Kelly. Club curlers took to the ice once the women had vacated it this afternoon.

David is one of the most colourful characters in the game (in more ways than one). Here he is playing with the AWW club, whose regulation uniform is all-black! Needless to say I approve of David's disregard of the dress code!

And, finally, here are just three of my favourite pics from the weekend.

Becca Kesley and Hannah Fleming. The Fleming team didn't have the best of weekends. They've been competing for seven weekends in a row, and just need a wee rest. They were in all the games I saw, and not far away for the win in most. A lovely team, with a big future ahead.

"I'll just hide behind you Becca, because that creepy old man with the camera is pointing it at me again!"

Claire MacDonald and Lauren Gray.

"I meant to do 'scissors' but I was thinking 'paper' and it came out all wrong."

Vicki Adams and Rhiann Macleod

"Let me see, let me see!"

Pics © Skip Cottage