Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Trophies from Inverness

I really enjoyed my three days at Inverness. Hard to believe it was the 28th Highland Junior International, and it was the second time that the event has been in the European Junior Curling Tour. ROK was the main sponsor this time.

Sunday saw a great selection of high quality, exciting games in quarterfinals, semis and finals. All were close. In the women's event, Hannah Fleming, Becca Kesley, Alice Spence and Abi Brown captured the trophy for the second year in a row. My report is here, and all the linescores are here. Rosemary Rankin presented the trophy, above.

I was very honoured to be asked to present the trophy to the winners of the junior men's event, Glen Muirhead, Greg Drummond, Thomas Sloan and Michael Goodfellow, below.

I have some more action photos from Sunday's play, and with any luck these will be available this evening, once I've got myself organised after my trip back from Inverness!

Top photo by me, bottom photo by David Hardie.