Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

More Funspiel

What have I started? No sooner than I had published the winners of the U13 RCCC/SALSC Funspiel qualifiers from Forfar (here), than I get an email from an old friend, Alan Campbell, who did huge amounts to promote junior curling in the 1980s. I was pleased to see that Alan is still involved and is chairperson of the Moray Junior Curling Club. This is an 'offshoot' of the Moray Province Coaching and Development Group, set up in 2007, which has done a lot to promote curling at Elgin in recent years.

Alan sends the photo above of the U15 winners at Forfar who are from the Moray Junior Club, their first ever competition win! L-R: Scott Campbell, Grant Stephen, Josh Kellock and Eilidh Yeats (skip). Well done to them!

And it's no wonder Alan is proud. That's his son Scott on the left! I might just need to open a 'Proud Parents' page if this goes on!

Photo is courtesy of Ian Taylor. There are on-ice pics from Forfar here.