China has won gold at this year’s Pacific Men’s Curling Championship, beating Korea 9-3 in the final in Uiseong, Korea. In the women’s event, the Korean women’s team won the gold medal game 10-7, beating Bingyu Wang and her team from China. Both finalists in each competition secured the World Curling Federation Pacific zone berths at the 2011 World Curling Championships.
Australia won the bronze medal in the men’s competition beating New Zealand 9-4. Japan won the women’s bronze medal with a win over New Zealand 7-4.
You can find more details and results here. And there are lots of photos of the competitions and presentations here.
PACIFIC CURLING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2011 – FINAL STANDINGS
1. CHINA (Skip: Fengchun Wang) - Gold & qualification for WMCC 2011
2. KOREA (Skip: Dong Keun Lee) - Silver & qualification for WMCC 2011
3. AUSTRALIA (Skip: Hugh Millikin) - Bronze
4. NEW ZEALAND (Skip: Sean Becker)
5. CHINESE TAIPEI (Skip: Randie Shen)
6. JAPAN (Skip: Makoto Tsuruga)
1. KOREA (Skip: Ji Sun Kim) - Gold & qualification for WWCC 2011
2. CHINA (Skip: Bingyu Wang) - Silver & qualification for WWCC 2011
3. JAPAN (Skip: Mayo Yamaura) - Bronze
4. NEW ZEALAND (Skip: Bridget Becker)
5. AUSTRALIA (Skip: Kim Forge)