Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Edinburgh International

David Murdoch, Ewan MacDonald, Peter Smith and Euan Byers won the Edinburgh International Championship today, beating Peter Loudon's side at the last stone of the final.

Well done to the Murdoch team! You can find the whole story, and lots of photos, on the event blog here. And all the results, including those from the Seniors competition, are here.

I really enjoyed my involvement with the competition for the past five days. It was the first time that I had set up an 'away blog' for an event, with the encouragement of my friend and former teammate Robin Copland. I think too it's the first time that a Curling Champions Tour event has had its own blog. It was fun. I know that many regular visitors to Skip Cottage Curling jumped across to see what I was up to in Edinburgh. I hope you enjoy(ed) it all. I did!

It's going to happen again soon. The event blog for the Le Gruyere European Curling Championships is already ticking over (go here for a look), and later this week I'll be bringing you lots from Aberdeen, with the help of several blogallies - Tansy Whitebits, Richard Gray, and Coo, to name but three.