Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Scottish Junior Championships

The competitions that will decide which of our Under-21 teams will carry Scotland's colours in Oestersund, Sweden, at the World Juniors, begin tomorrow (Tuesday). The first rounds in the junior men's event are at 19.00 in Curl Aberdeen. Nine teams qualified from the preliminary event at Ayr (see here), to make a very open competition this year. I'm hopeless at predictions at the best of times, so I'll see on Sunday who makes the final, then I'll pick the winner!

The girls' event begins on Wednesday at 12.30. Eight teams are in the draw, with the Hannah Fleming team the firm favourites.

I'm looking to see some of the play later in the week. In the meantime I'll be following the results on the Royal Club website here. The draws and team lineups can be downloaded from this page too.