Pages

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

New Stranraer Ramp

My posts about the Stranraer Rink's 40th celebrations (here and here) has prompted an email from Paralympian Michael McCreadie to tell me of other developments there which he appreciates.

Michael says, "Aileen and I spent a weekend at the North West Castle in Stranraer recently and what a surprise we had. Hammy Mcmillan (senior) showed us the brand new wheelchair ramp which was erected in the summer. It is quite long and goes from the top of the stairs at the bar down to the middle door leading to the changing rooms. As wheelchair users we can go independently anywhere on the ice rink. Congratulations on their foresight and no doubt when word gets round more wheelchair users will use this great venue."

That's Aileen Neilson in the photo above with Hammy, on the new ramp.

I'll be looking in at the rink myself this weekend for the Senior Mixed Championship. More on that later.

Pic courtesy of Michael McCreadie