Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Armchair Olympics 2

David Murdoch is the Team GB captain in Vancouver! Shelley Rudman (silver medallist in skeleton in 2006) is the Team Captain at Whistler, and she will carry the flag at the opening ceremony of the 2010 Olympic Games.

The press release is here, on the Team GB website. In it, David says, “I take a great deal of pride in being part of Team GB and representing my country at the Olympic Winter Games, so to be named as a Team Captain is a fantastic fillip for me, and great recognition for the sport of curling. I will absolutely do my best to offer advice and support to all the athletes in Vancouver. I know from experience that competing at an Olympic Games can be a daunting prospect, and I look forward to passing on some of my knowledge, and supporting the athletes in every way I can.”

Team GB consists of 52 athletes from six sports and eleven disciplines at Vancouver 2010.

The opening ceremony is live on the BBC at 1.45am tomorrow morning!

The photo of BC Place, the venue for the opening ceremony, is courtesy of BBC Sport’s Olympic Reporter Ollie Williams.