Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

On special assignment at the Glynhill: The Lucy Curling Calendar 2010

The opportunity to do a special 'blogfeature' doesn't come along very often, but the fans of Liudmila Privivkova asked me to undertake a project for them. You see, the members of the Lucy Fan Club (worldwide headquarters, Troon, Scotland) are mostly male, of a certain age, and just not interested in seeing disgusting photos of Warwick Smith, Ewan MacDonald and other assorted male Scottish curlers butt naked in 'Ice and a Slice' (Although it is for a good cause, so have you got your copy yet, see here? And available at the RCCC Ladies' Branch stall at the Braehead rink today.)

What about a Lucy calendar, I was asked? Skip Cottage likes a challenge, so here it is. Enjoy.

JANUARY
"I wonder what time the shops open tomorrow?"

FEBRUARY
"We lost. The Lucy fan club members will be 'devastated'."

MARCH
"Don't look now, but that creepy guy with the camera is at it again!"

APRIL
"I wonder if anyone will bid for me?" (See here)

MAY
"Hurry!"

JUNE
"Oh, this adoration. I can't take it any more!"

JULY
"I bet they didn't know that I could sweep!"

AUGUST
"I can sweep on BOTH sides!"

SEPTEMBER
"Are we going to the Glynhill Ladies International at Braehead again?"

OCTOBER
"My nose is itchy. I'm either going to be angry, or I'm allergic to Scotsmen!"

NOVEMBER
"This is how I like to throw them."

DECEMBER
"I'm sad because this is December. I wonder if they will do another calendar for 2011?"

Thanks Lucy. We hope we have not embarrassed you!

All pics © Bob